Winter Park Crew has a long established tradition of committed athletes and coaches, dedicated families and generous community support. This dynamic combination enables the team to meet challenges both on and off the water. Our athletes spend countless hours of conditioning and practice, preparing for races that will last only a few minutes. Lifelong benefits are a result of this dedication. Athletes learn that balancing academics and training develops time management skills and that teamwork is the ultimate character builder.
Unlike other major sports, Crew receives no local or state school funding. As a result, financial support must come from the families and friends of rowers and from our community. The Board of Directors develops an annual budget and it is the responsibility of each family to make and meet a Financial Fund Commitment.
Crew Boosters plans major fundraisers to provide families with the means to meet their Financial Fund Commitment. Not only do these events provide the opportunity to meet financial goals and hold out-of-pocket expenses to a minimum, they provide enjoyable opportunities to get acquainted with team members and their families.
The obligation for the 2016/2017 rowing season is as follows:
- One installment with a 3% discount ($1,702.35) due 8/15/2016, or
- Two installments with a 1% discount ($1,018.73 includes registration fee) payable 8/15/2016 and ($868.73) 12/15/2016
- Nine monthly payments of $195, with the first due 8/15/2016, the second 9/1/2016, and subsequent payments due the 15th of every month, with the last payment due 4/15/2017.
The annual commitment for novices is $1,560.
Payment options are as follows:
- One installment with a 3% discount ($1,513.20) due 9/15/2016, or
- Two installments with a 1% discount ($772.20) payable 9/15/2016 and 12/15/2016, or
- Eight monthly payments of $195, due 9/15/2016 and the 15th of each month through April, with the last payment due 4/15/2017.
Multiple Rower Discount: We are sympathetic to the needs of families with multiple rowers, so we offer a reduction of 10% for multiple rower families. There isn’t a discount for the registration fees.
The Winter Park Crew team travels to several out of town regattas each year, for which rowers are assessed the necessary transportation, hotel and food fees. These regattas typically include the Head of the Hooch in November, the State Championships, Stotesbury Regatta, and the National Championships in May.
A payment record is maintained for each rower. Balance information for each rower, is provided in regular reports from the treasurer. Fund raising surpluses, if applicable, may be applied to the rower’s travel expenses.
Questions? Email the Winter Park Crew Treasurer at email@example.com.